For all you fans of the hit musical, Vinnaithaandi Varuvaayaa, here’s some good news. The team that gave us the 2010 blockbuster is coming together again for the sequel to the Simbu-Trisha starrer. Speaking exclusively to DC, STR says, “I am thrilled. The sequel will be titled Vinnaithaandi Varuvein. When we were shooting the climax for VTV, Gautham and I joked about a sequel to the film. After that I got busy with other commitments and suddenly Gautham came up with the idea of a sequel and I couldn’t be more delighted.”

The actor who has his hands full with Osthi, Poda Podi, Vettai Mannan, can’t wait to start work on the new project. So will we see Trisha reprise her role as Jessie? The actor answers, “While I will be playing Karthik again, this time Amy Jackson will play the female lead.” Amy is also slotted to play the female lead in the Hindi remake of the original, alongside Prateik Babbar. However, the two films will not be shot simultaneously and shooting for the Tamil sequel will start only in November, when Simbu will be done with his other projects.

VTV 2 that is slated for a summer release in 2012 will also have Santhanam in a major role, while VTV Ganesh is also part of the star cast. While VTV received attention for being a beautiful love story, the sequel, says Simbu, won’t be much of a romantic tearjerker. “The sequel is going to be an action film. I am sure fans will love it,” he says. So will Karthik be victor in love this time around? Simbu answers, “The script is in place, but the climax hasn’t been finalised as yet. But I do hope that Karthik walks into the sunset with his lady love.”
Simbu, who has in the recent past made a conscious effort to play a variety of roles, is happy with the way his career is shaping up.

Quiz him on the mixed reactions that Vaanam received and trade pundits dubbing it an average grosser, Simbu says, “ Vaanam gave my career a big boost. For me it’s no longer about giving a commercial hit. I look for audience appreciation and every effort I make is to ensure that they love me in the role. My fans loved Cable Raja. I want to keep my fans happy and not score one blockbuster hit after another.”

About juggling more than four productions simultaneously, Simbu says, “I’ve never worked like this before. Earlier, I would complete a film and only then take on another project. I understand that a number of directors want to work with me and I am doing my best to accommodate them. I don’t want to miss out on any opportunity. People want to see me on the silver screen and I shall fulfill that wish.”

With his career going great guns, is the 25-year-old Simbu looking to settle down? He laughs, “My mother wants me to get married. But honestly I am happy being single. My work keeps me busy and I am enjoying the status quo.” So will the coveted bachelor wait for love? “I can’t possibly be scouting for love. If it (love) happens, I will certainly pursue it,” he smiles with a glint in his eye.

SOURCE : DECCAN CHRONICLE

0 comments:

Post a Comment